- Deputy Executive-Director, Thailand Institute of Justice
- Expert in Penology, Department of Corrections, 1997 - 2000
- Deputy Director-General, Department of Corrections 2000 - 2002
- Director General, Department of Corrections, 2003 - 2006
- Director General, Department of Probation, 2007 - 2007
- Director General, Department of Corrections, 2008 - 2009
- Inspector General, Ministry of Justice, 2010 - 2011
- LL.B Chulalongkorn University (1972)
- M.S. Criminology, Florida State University (1977)
- M.S. Public Administration, Chulalongkorn University (1992)
- Ph.D. Public Administration, Ramkamhaeng University (2012)
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program, American University, USA. (1982)
- Senior Administrator Program, Civil Service Academy (2000)
- National Defence College, (2003)
- Penology, Bopit Printing, Bangkok (2001)
- Treatment of Prisoners, Bopit Printing, Bangkok (2003)
- 100 articles in Thai related to Correction and Criminology
- Nathee Chitsawang and Sumonthip Jailek, Life Paths of Drug Offense inmates, ONCB Thailand and Narcotics Affairs Section (NAS), U.S. Embassy, Bangkok
- Nathee Chitsawang and Sumonthip Chitsawang, The Protection Rights of Awaiting Trial Prisoners, Rapeephatanasak Research Institute, Office of the Justice Management, 2014.
- Sumonthip Chitsawang and Nathee Chitsawang, A Knowledge Management Approach to the Study of Transitional Criminal Gangs in Thailand, Thailand Research Fund, 2014
- Nathee Chitsawang, www.gotoknow.org
- Visiting Expert to UNAFEI, and Ministry of Justice, Japan 2013.
- Part-time lecture at the Ph.D Program and Master Program at many universities in Thailand.
- Many papers presented at the International Conference such as
- The World Congress on Probation, London 2013.
- International Symposium on the Bangkok Rules, Hong Kong, 2014.
- International Penal and Penitentiary Foundation colloquium.
- Women in Prisons, The Bangkok Rules and Beyond, Bangkok, March 2014.
- The sixth International Conference on Human Rights & Prison Reform, Bangkok, March 2014.
- John Jay International Conference on the Rule of Law in an Era of Change, Athens, Greece, June, 2014.
- The 32nd Asian and Pacific Conference of Correctional Administration, Brunei, October, 2012.
- 6th Annual Meeting, The American Society of Criminology, San Francisco, November 2009.
- Asian Criminological Society 4th Annual Conference, Seoul, June 2012.
- Angkana Boonsil, Restorative Justice and Domestic Violence, Ph.D. dissertation, Faculty of Social Administration, Thammasat University, 2004
- Warissara Sirisuthidecha, Subculture of Inmates in Thai Prisons, Ph.D. dissertation, Faculty of Social Science and Humanities, Mahidol University, 2014
- Chairman of Good Citizen Promotion Foundation (2003-2010)
- Chairman of Piboonsongkram Foundation (2003-2010)
- Chairman of Correction Development Foundation (2003-2013)
- Outstanding Law School Alumni, Chulalongkorn University, 2005
- Outstanding Political Sciences Faculty Alumni, Chulalongkorn University, 2007
- Outstanding Person in Drug Addicted Prevention, Prime Minister Award, 2005
- Outstanding Person in Human Resource Management, 2007
- Outstanding Contribution to Association, ICPA, 2007
- Doctoral of Philosophy in Social Work (Honorable), Thammasat University, 2008